Labels

8/6/11

The Best Part of Being Pregnant

Yes, creating new life is pretty cool. And knowing that my husband and I will be parents soon is also pretty nifty. But I have to admit, the most awesome benefit of being pregnant so far has been .... NEW CLOTHES!


Think about it. As pregnant women, we are metamorphosing into a whole new body. In just a few short months our once meticulously selected pencil skirts and skinny jeans won't so much as slip up past our thighs. No one can deny us of the need for new clothes. It's an open licence to shop, shop, shop!

As far as I'm concerned, being pregnant provides me with an inalienable right to circle malls for hours and try on hoards of styles without the pressure of a quick purchase. After all, it takes time to learn how to style a new shape and find pieces that look today as well as four months, and 30 pounds, from now.

The real beauty of all of this is the chance to reconsider and recreate your personal style. Suddenly our go-to brands and cuts take a back seat to new shapes, fits and fabrics that will work better for our new frames and lifestyle.

My pre-pregnancy figure was slender in the middle with curvier thighs and larger breasts. Form fitting styles, particularly those that highlight the waist, like high-waitsed skirts and hour shaped dresses, were most flattering. At 15 weeks, my middle is already starting to thicken out a bit, and from what I understand, it's a trend that will continue.

As a result, I am now falling in love with entirely new kinds of clothing and visiting my local mall has become a fresh and exciting adventure. My new passion is finding dresses that will grow with me! My first new style love is loose fitting dresses that can be belted as needed for shape. My second must have is slim-fit, but stretchy, maxi dresses to highlight my growing bump!

This is how Jessica Alba styles her majorly pregnant body. I think she looks great - what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment